Every season is party season, but when the latter half of the year rolls in so do the party invitations. If you’ll be attending one or more parties this year, chances are you’ll not arrive empty handed.
It’s polite to thank your host or hostess with a token of your appreciation, and you want your gift to be something useful, delightful and memorable. At the same time, you don’t have to spend a bundle to impress your host or hostess.
Here are ideas for host or hostess gifts that are sure to show party-throwers you consider them the “host (or hostess) with the most,” while convincing them you’re the best guest ever:
• If your host is a wine lover and you’re not confident about choosing a bottle, one option is to put together a bag of accessories. Present your host with a quality wine bottle opener, personalized stopper or even a set of lovely wine glasses.
• Chocolate is a common host/hostess gift, and one that is sure to please. M&M’S are a great party treat and in honor of the candy’s 75th anniversary, Danish fashion designer Camilla Staerk collaborated with the brand to present specially designed packages of plain and peanut M&M’S. M&M’S by Staerk Designer Collection are exclusively available in Target stores. Packages come in shareable and personal sizes featuring elegant animal print designs that will look great displayed in any home. However, they’re only available for a limited time, so be sure to stock up so you’ll have enough for every party until the end of the year.
• Know a host who always whips up the most dazzling menus? You can celebrate your host’s culinary skills by giving artfully packaged gourmet sea salts, organic seasonings or ethnic spices. It’s easy to find a variety of unusual salts and seasonings online or at your local gourmet store.
• Anyone who lives in a busy household can find themselves hunting for something to write with – and unable to find a pen or notepad. Put together a selection of pretty pens, paired with magnet-backed notepads, and present in a pretty tote. The next time your hostess is planning a get-together, she’ll remember who gave her the pen and paper she’s using to draft her guest list!
• Scented soaps and candles can be a great option when you’re not sure of your host or hostess’ personal tastes. These items not only make a home smell wonderful throughout the season, they can add a decorative touch. Choose aromas that are widely loved, like vanilla, cinnamon or citrus.
With a little creativity, you can show your appreciation and give hosts and hostesses gifts that will help ensure your name is at the top of their guest lists next year!